America is a part of the world that unites two continents, North America, and South America, as well as nearby Islands.
Read a fascinating collection of aphorisms and quotes about America.
1. “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S. Truman.
2. “It’s important that we establish that we are a country that has open arms and not closed borders for people. It’s important because we let people know why America is what it is. It’s about an ideal, and that ideal is freedom for everybody.” – Oprah Winfrey.
3. “I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
4. “The essence of America – that which really unites us – is not ethnicity, or nationality or religion – it is an idea – and what an idea it is: That you can come from humble circumstances and do great things.” – Condoleezza Rice.
5. “Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.” – John McCain.
6. “I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.” – James Baldwin.
7. “The fate of America cannot depend on any one man. The greatness of America is grounded in principles and not on any single personality.” – Franklin Roosevelt.
8. “Change often seems impossible until it is inevitable. Just as we must own our lives, we must own our country. For, we, the people, are ultimately in control of America’s story.” – Valerie Jarrett.
9. “The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.” – Alexis de Tocqueville.
10. “What the people want is very simple – they want an America as good as its promise.” – Barbara Jordan.
11. “If we have to use force, it is because we are America. We are the indispensable nation. We stand tall. We see further into the future.” – Madeleine Albright.
12. “Neutrality is a negative word. It does not express what America ought to feel. We are not trying to keep out of trouble; we are trying to preserve the foundations on which peace may be rebuilt.” – Woodrow Wilson.
13. “Only in America can someone start with nothing and achieve the American Dream. That’s the greatness of this country.” – Rafael Cruz.
14. “Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.” – Calvin Coolidge.
15. “America is woven of many strands. I would recognize them and let it so remain. Our fate is to become one, and yet many. This is not prophecy, but description.” – Ralph Ellison.
16. “Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!” – Thomas A. Edison.
17. “If I were to live my life over again, I would be an American. I would steep myself in America, I would know no other land.” – Henry James.
18. “What does it mean to be an American? While each of us may have our own specific answer to that question, we likely can agree on the basic principles of America: freedom, equal opportunity, and rights accompanied by responsibilities.” – Ben Nelson.
19. “America is becoming so educated that ignorance will be a novelty. I will belong to the select few.” – Will Rogers.
20. “The amazing fact is that America is founded on a document. It’s a work in progress. It can be tested by each generation.” – Christopher Hitchens.
Read the article: Features Of The American Mentality