The beautiful and magnetic historical capital of the Czech Republic has recently become one of the top tourist destinations in the world. From ancient castles and churches to colorful baroque structures and the famous Astronomical Clock, the city has a number of attractions for the tourists and the residents alike.
If you’re planning to travel to Prague, Czech Republic in near future, you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss some of the top things to do in the city as well as some tips to make your stay more worthwhile and memorable.
So, let’s start.
Things You Need to Know When Visiting Prague.
Prague is sometimes called the prettiest city in the entire Europe and it’s not wrong. The city has a magical feeling about it, which takes you back to the medieval times of Bohemian kings and queens. You will see a lot of places here that remind you of that great era.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind to make your journey more enjoyable:
- The currency of the Czech Republic is Czech Crown and not Euro. A good number of travelers only find it out when they land in Prague.
- When exchanging your currency for Czech Crown, don’t forget to ask the current exchange rate. It was found that many currency exchangers charge a large fee.
- Prague can be visited anytime during the year. All its seasons are enjoyable especially spring and autumn.
- The city is the most crowded during the summer months. If you want to avoid the crowds, it is recommended to visit the city from February to May and from August to October.
- Metros and trams are quite popular in Prague. You don’t need any additional transport facility to travel around the city during your vacation.
- Taxis and Uber facility is also available in case you need to travel with a lot of luggage.
- Prague is a moderately expensive city, unlike many other famous European cities. Even the cost of seeing the attractions is not very high and you can easily plan a full-week vacation without worrying about the costs.
- Charles Bridge and Old Town are the most crowded areas of the city. If you want to have some peaceful time, it is recommended to get to these places early in the morning.
- Although the famous attractions in the city are worth visiting, some lesser known places are equally beautiful and mesmerizing.
- Many tours are offered to tourists to travel from Prague to other surrounding cities. Avail these tours if you want to include a variety of sight-seeing to your journey.
Must-Visit Attractions When You Travel to Prague, Czech Republic.
You must already have Old Town Square and Charles Bridge on your list of destinations to see in Prague. Here are a few other options to make your trip more fulfilling.
Petrin Lookout Tower.
Petrin Hill is home to a 63-feet tall steel tower, which is quite a sight. It looks very similar to Eiffel Tower and was built in the year 1891. It is definitely one of the most well-known landmarks of Prague so you have got to see it during your visit to the city.
If you want to witness a building that dates back to 1400’s, visit the famous Astronomical Clock in Prague. It is located in Old Town Square and is still working. This clock not only tells the time but also shows the phases of the moon and the sun. It can be a great attraction for children.
A famous historical landmark in Prague, Prague Castle is truly mesmerizing. This building dates back to 1344 and it is considered the largest castle complex in the world.
You must have seen this house in pictures a lot but now is a chance to see it with your own eyes. Located in Prague’s New Town, this structure looks like a couple that is dancing together. Its wavy concrete panels and glass make it look more attractive and wondrous.
If you have had the chance of visiting Charles Bridge, visiting Kampa Island is a must. This place consists of a museum displaying some beautiful works of modern art. The famous Lennon Wall is also located in this area.
Witness Pargue’s famous bees garden and a lot of other attractions by paying a visit to the Letna Park. The park is famous among the residents as well as tourists as they visit the area to attend some music festivals or just to have fun and get a taste of the true Prague culture.
There are many other museums, libraries, towers and parks to explore in Prague. The city is not very large but still it has some of the most enjoyable tourist attractions. Families, couples and individuals, everyone can have a great time in this beautiful historical city.
If you plan on visiting The City of a Hundred Spires on your next holiday, you have made the right choice. People who travel to Europe often include this city in their itinerary. It is not very expensive and therefore can make your Europe tour a memorable one. Keep the points mentioned in this post in your mind before visiting Prague for the first time if you want to avoid getting into trouble.
By following these tips, you can make your time more enjoyable and worthwhile. It is also a good idea to learn about some lesser known destinations when you travel to Prague, Czech Republic so that you can visit them during your tour and take pleasure in their history and beauty.
There are ancient churches to explore as well as the largest castle complex of Europe in this city in addition to museums and many other historical landmarks that you will be thrilled to see.
Also read a popular article: Parks And Best Attractions In Brazzaville, Republic Of Congo